Your humble servant is leaving for a short week on vacation at the end of the week to meet the Apocalyptical Goddesses, a.k.a my best friends in Montreal. I’m the kind of person that makes lists; clothes, things to do before I leave, things to pass the time during traveling. As an author, writing things down is natural.
So, here I am, sharing my wisdom in case you need it.
What to bring on vacation
- Appropriate clothes. That means leave the work clothes behind. You like flashy clothes? BRING THEM!
- Sunshades. You will NEED and WANT the sunshine during your time off. That pale shade you are…it’s the lack of sun. Don’t worry, you won’t melt.
- A book. Not yours. You need a break.
- A notebook. Yes, that’s allowed to note down ideas. Loki knows they come at odd times.
- Your imaginary friends. It’s that time when you can allow yourself to daydream and not have consequences befall you.
- Good music. That kind you hide because you’re scared people will judge you.
- Your zen attitude. If it doesn’t the rest of the time, it should on vacation.
- Money. It’s time to spoil yourself.
What to leave home on vacation
- Your stress. Really, do you need it while you’re away from what stresses you?
- Your other half. Unless you rarely spend time together.
- The dark circles under your eyes. Time to rest up and sleep in!
- The everyday worries. You won’t need them.
- Those uncomfortable shoes. Leave the high heels or the loafers. Time to show toes and get your feet to breathe.
- That character that nags at you because you can’t write it. He/She will be here when you come back.
- If you’re really daring…leave your cell phone home. Good luck with that.
Catch you when I get back! *winks*